Ink problem with Dell A920 all in one printer

Old Town Steve 13:44 05 Apr 2006

Hi All,

I've got a problem with my Dell A920 all-in-one printer, in that the ink nozzles have become blocked! Now i've already tried cleaning several times, and also removed both the colour and black cartridge and cleaned with a damp cloth. None of these actions have really worked (only brought a slight improvement). I don't use the printer that often, so I think this may of caused my problem. Both cartridges are still showing 42% full. Has anyone got any tips to sort this? If not I will have to buy some new cartridges, anyone got any good places to buy( other than Dell original, as very expensive from them, quoted £49!)

Cheers

OTS

recap 16:26 05 Apr 2006

You could try using steam to clear the nozzles Old Town Steve. Use a boiling kettle, if you do try this please be careful not to scold yourself by using a towel to hold the cartridge, then dabbing the cartridge with a tissue.

Totally-braindead 18:08 05 Apr 2006

Choice Stationery do some but don't know if they do yours click here

pj123 18:56 05 Apr 2006

The Dell A920 is a rebadged Lexmark but with modified Ink cartridges. So Lexmark cartridges don't fit. You have to buy Dell cartridges.

Your best bet is to chuck this printer in the bin and buy a standard mainstream printer.

spuds 19:21 05 Apr 2006

As previously mentioned, the Dell A920 printer is a re-badged Lexmark. In some cases the Dell cartridge as a modified lug, so stopping it fitting a Lexmark and visa versa.You can remove this lug, but a diy refill is the cheapest method for this brand.About 50 pence a cartridge.

Once the ink dries out, it better to replace the cartridge completely.One method that you could try, before replacing. Put the cartridge in a plastic bag, and give it a very vigorous shake (hand outstretched, then shake bag in rotation fashion).

Compatibles click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?