Ink jet printer and DVD labels

Boaters 14:28 29 Dec 2007

Hi am looking for a new printer now my new laptop has Vista.Looking for possible all in one,reasonable ink costs,and comments on printing DVD adhesive labels .Have you had prodlems?Thanks.
Happy New year to all
Roy

Technotiger 14:34 29 Dec 2007

If getting a new printer, get one that prints directly onto DVD/CD's. Mine does - Epson Stylus Photo R265 - and there are plenty of other printers that do likewise.

Technotiger 14:35 29 Dec 2007

Printable DVD's and CDs have a White printable side.

Technotiger 14:39 29 Dec 2007

All-in-one click here

Graham. 14:43 29 Dec 2007

that prints DVD labels click here but a bit thirsty, from the reviews.

FreeCell 17:21 29 Dec 2007

Grahams suggestion also prints directly onto DVDs like Technotiger's.

Almost any inkjet will print on to CD/DVD adhesive labels. Tricky part is getting them aligned but there are plenty of templates or free special software available on the net. I use Expressit but also look at Avery DesignPro.

You also need to align the lable onto the centre of the DVD so use a jig for this, again can be bought very cheaply or even sometimes free with lables.

Difficulties with adhesive lables are if you use them in devices that get very warm/hot then the label can peel causing the disc to jam in the reader. Personally never had this problem but others have reported it as an issue.

hssutton 17:36 29 Dec 2007

In the past I've repaired several CD & DVD drives where the label has partly peeled of the disc and thereby jamming the device. Printable discs are a far better way to go. I use the Canon Pixma MP60. does a great job at a reasonable cost

sharpamat 18:36 29 Dec 2007

I also use an R265 yes it does have a heavy ink demand and I installed a CISS a year ago. done some heavy duty printing and as yet have not had to top up but excellant print quality. and both CD and DVD printable are as cheap as standards in shops

The 265 does not use the standard ink but many epson printers can use the CISS and print direct to CD/DVD click here

Graham. 19:51 29 Dec 2007

Link for CISS click here

Stuartli 21:50 29 Dec 2007

A friend who bought a Toshiba laptop at PC World today also got the Epson Sylus DX4450 All-in-One.

Price was £35..:-)

click here

Stuartli 21:52 29 Dec 2007

The printer's info page includes details of two similar, but slightly more expensive Epson printers:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?