Ink Carts with printhead?

C1 17:09 30 Sep 2006

I've come to the end of my patience with my Epson i865 printer and its constantly-clogging print head. It is not frequently used so I run a cleaning cycle every week, but this does not stop the head from clogging, especially the high capacity black (using Canon cartridges). I am thinking of returning to using a printer with carts that have the printhead built-in, like my old HP 500 of several years ago. At least then I can be assured that the head is fresh each time. BTW I tried cleaning carts in the Epson with to no avail on this, the second print head. The HP website makes no mention of the type carts they use now.

pj123 18:02 30 Sep 2006

How do you use Canon cartridges in an Epson printer????

961 18:12 30 Sep 2006

HP printers have the print head in the cartridges

You'll find you can now buy twin packs which apart from the actual cartridges containing more ink also work out a lot cheaper than buying the cartridge in a single pack. If you buy those you'll find they are very little dearer than remanufactured

If you are in the market for an all in one consider HP2575 for around £99. This produces super photos, general work, and is easy to use

Otherwise HP printers from around £50 generally produces excellent results these days

Because the cleaning cycle is much shorter than printers with the head in the printer the running cost is much lower even though the actual cartridge may be dearer when purchased

C1 18:34 30 Sep 2006

DOH! I meant: Canon i865. Can't think where Epson came into it....
Thanks both so far.

Johnnie_M 18:39 30 Sep 2006

I couldn't agree more, HP are far better aswell in terms of efficiency in using the ink and the yield you get from their catridges

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?