infrared connection between phone and pc

maltose 17:56 01 Apr 2008

I have just purchased a Sony Erikson T250i mobile phone. I want to download the pics to my PC using the camera's infrared. I have a Packard Bell wireless mouse which also uses infrared but I cannot get them to talk to each other. the phone starts to "connect" and then gives the message "connection error". should the mouse "receiver" be compatible with the camera?. if not can you please suggest an infrared device which will be? thank You

GEEKSTA 18:41 01 Apr 2008

Im not sure if i read correctly, but i dont think that the camera itself can have a infrared port.

The infrared port will be seperate on your phone.

Also, i think you are getting confused with the wireless infrared mouse, and the infrared port on your phone.

You cannot send information to your mouse. The infrared on your mouse is only for it to communicate to the computer wirelessly, not for data sending.

Your phone can send data through its infrared to other 'infrared ports' as long as they are aligned up together.

Technotiger 18:54 01 Apr 2008

You need a separate infra-red dongle to connect your phone to PC, assuming you also have PC Software for your phone, installed on the PC. click here

maltose 19:37 01 Apr 2008

Many thanks to both Geeksta and Technotiger, I had not made the problem clear enough and used the word camera when I should have used the word phone.

The phone (I should have written phone and not camera in my second line) does have an IRA port. I was, perhaps still, hoping that the phone IR port would/will communicate with that part of the wireless mouse which is USB connected to the PC.

I guess I may need a new IR dongle (any recommendations here?) but the phone came with no PC software.

Technotiger 20:09 01 Apr 2008

Look at the dongle in my link above, it includes software.

GEEKSTA 21:04 01 Apr 2008

haha, sorry for that then, you might want to ignore what i said before then :D

maltose 21:21 01 Apr 2008

Thanks again you guys. I have ordered the dongle, hope the driver will be OK with my phone.

Guess that is it - unless it does not work!

thanks bye

Technotiger 21:28 01 Apr 2008

OK - good luck anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?