Enable/Disable Tool Tip Displays
Get rid of more of those annoying balloons
This tweak removes tool tips from appearing when the mouse moves across items that support the display of tool tips.
NOTE: Always backup your registry before making any changes.
1. In the left hand pane navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
2. Right click on the white region of Regedit's right hand pane, click New, and then click DWORD Value
3. Enter ShowInfoTip for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.
4. Right click the new value and choose Modify.
5. Click Decimal and set the Value Data field to 0 for Disabled or 1 for Enabled, then click OK.