Information on Norton Internet Security Required

spuds 18:24 29 Sep 2014
Answered

Having just had a recent infection on the computer, that was apparently packaged with another download, I am looking into possible better internet security.

A number of Internet Security programmes have been suggested as 'the best' from a Google search and reviews. Norton Internet Security seems a good selection to consider.

Do you use this product, if so, would you recommend it without reservation. Or would you consider something 'better.

I am using free versions of Avast, SuperAntiSpyware on the infected machine, and previously I found that these have covered my needs in great form.

I did look at some PCA reviews, and a product that I have never heard of before caught my eye - Qihoo 360 Internet Security 4.3. But doing a search, seems to bring different opinions about this particular piece of software.

Woolwell 18:59 29 Sep 2014

No anti-virus/anti-malware protection will stop something new. None are 100% but some are much better than others. Where you download from, what you click on and what you open are just as important. Touch wood I haven't had any infection apart from ask toolbar which was I able to remove. It came uninvited with Java and I failed to untick.

I currently run Norton and quite happy with it. I have run Kaspersky (provided free from my bank) but it slowed my laptop down. On 2 laptops that rarely connect to the internet (about once or twice a week) I run Avast on one and AVG on the other. Both free and no problems. I occasional scan with free version of Malwarebytes.

Bullguard, Norton and Kaspersky get good reviews.

compumac 19:01 29 Sep 2014

I have used Norton Internet Security for some few years now after it was recommended here. Prior to this I had shied away from Norton as it had been exceedingly bloated and the number of problems that I have had with their help(?)line.

It runs in the background without interfering with productivity.

Would definitely recommend.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 29 Sep 2014

Once you have downloaded something in a package its past your defenses whatever you have.

There are several threads on this site bemoaning the demise of safe sites to download from.

I shy away from Norton as 360 locked up my drive and I needed to restore from an image. Plus the on going annual subscriptions are high.

For any AV

To pay or not to pay? That is the question :0)

sunnystaines 19:32 29 Sep 2014

I have used norton security since windows95. Its good so is its support with a very ood online live chat help and can access your pc to fix too.

most makes are good, but its the support that counts when there is problem.

spuds 10:07 30 Sep 2014
Answer

For anyone interested in Norton Internet Security, then check out Argos for prices, they are having half price sales on some software.

I will now tick this post, but you might find my last comments a few moments ago on the following post interesting. Other post click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?