Info on wireless routers

23790954 20:18 11 Jan 2008

I use BT as my ISP and I am presently using a wired BT Voyager 220 router, which also supplies an extra phone line to my home.

I fancy upgrading to a wireless router, but do not want to lose the extra phone line. Is there such a thing as a wireless BT router which also supplies the extra phone line, when it is a WIRELESS router. A wireless router into which I can plug a telephone. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Dipso 20:42 11 Jan 2008

Do you subscribe to a VoIP service?

The Speedtouch 780WL has voice ports as does the BT Business Hub (aka 2wire 2700HGV) but you may only be able to source the latter on Ebay.

23790954 21:01 11 Jan 2008

Dipso,

NO, I don't subscribe to a VOIP service.
The wired router I use has a telephone socket on it, and when subscribing to BT Broadband they supply you with a number, which you can use on a telephone which you plug into router. I was hoping that I could buy a similar but wireless router, into which I could plug the telephone, and continue using the number. Any further advice would be appreciated.

Technotiger 21:04 11 Jan 2008

I think if you upgrade to the BT HomeHub you may get one issued Free by BT ... click here

Technotiger 21:07 11 Jan 2008

Simple answer - ask BT. I am also with BT and have the HomeHub given free when I upgraded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?