info NOD 32 antivirus

osben 11:36 23 Nov 2008

Hi

I am having to renew my AVG antivirus/firewall and antispyware software in a few days. However I have been noticing that A) the spyware software does produce a number of false positives and B) The Antivirus for some time seems to slow my system down. Especially when I go into Outlook.

It has been suggested that I should look at ESET NOD32

click here

or their system security package which does both the above AVG programs I have at present but a lot more efficiently.

Does anyone have any experience of this software and how good or bad it is compared to AVG.

Many thanks

mfletch 12:22 23 Nov 2008

NOD32 is one of the best Antivirus programs you can have and in my opinion there is no comparison to AVG

You can get NOD32 for three months free but dont tell anyone else {joke}

Visit this site for more details also consider Bitdefender

NOD32 click here

Bitdefender click here

Both are excellent

User-1229748 12:28 23 Nov 2008

if i was to pay for a security suite i would also go for eset smart security :o)

osben 14:55 23 Nov 2008

Hi guys
Thanks for your quick reply, however, it's amazing how polarised responses are. I also posted this on another site and got the following response:
----------------------------------------------
Hi,
I don't know about Avg but I've seen what Nod32 can do and I wasn't impressed at all. I'm using Kaspersky internet security 2009 and I'm very satisfied. Besides antivirus and firewall it also has anti spam, anti phishing.
-------------------------------------------------
mfletch - why do you so disagree with the other posting.

regards

DieSse 15:18 23 Nov 2008

I've been using NOD32, and since they released it, the full Eset Security Suite, for many, many years (around 7-8 years if I remember correctly). It has performed flawlessly for all that time.

It's not a burden on the system, on broadband it checks for updates every hour, and downloads them when issued (sometimes several times a day).

It has the best record of ANY anti-virus program in the Virus Bulletin tests.

It has an outstanding record, well above others, on detecting unknown viruses.

I can thoroughly recommend it.

Beware the free versions of some AV programs (AVG and Avira in particular), which are missing several important facilities (just look for the comparison tables on their own sites).

rawprawn 15:25 23 Nov 2008

I have used AVG, Avast, NOD32, & Norton at different times. At the moment I am using Kaspersky which was free brom Barclays online.
I really have to say I find it the best of the bunch, and you don't even notice it's there.

rawprawn 15:26 23 Nov 2008

I have used AVG, Avast, NOD32, & Norton at different times. At the moment I am using Kaspersky which was free brom Barclays online.
I really have to say I find it the best of the bunch, and you don't even notice it's there.

bretsky 19:58 23 Nov 2008

Have to agree with DieSse, I have NOD32 v2.7 which is just the AV package since Sept 2005 (2.5 then) and I purchased this year, a 2 year licence which will run out in Sept 2010. I surf the net all over the place, never done a scan as it will flag up any threats out there. Updates maybe 3-5 times a day so you're always up to date with the latest threats, will update as soon as you connect to the web and is very light on the system

A little background info on the product click here

V2.7 AV software package, the user interface can be a little daunting and not for the faint hearted. I found this click here a great site for extra settings and help.

Their email support is excellent as my "explor2000" which is a windows based file management program was being flagged up as some sort of win32 Trojan (A false positive) even though the two programs had been resident on my PC for years, so I uploaded a copy of the exe file(explor2000) to their website and the backroom boffs wrote a new signature update which solved the problem within days.

NOD32 2.7 AV with Z/A free firewall and AVG anti-spyware real time scanner which runs out in Jan 2009, so will probably upgrade my NOD32 AV to version 3.

bretsky ;0)

[email protected] 20:05 23 Nov 2008

nod is still my favorite, i tried kaspersky 2009 but it blue screens unless i run at standard clocks with standard drivers. nod is very good protection uses little resources, no pop ups, good support. just install and forget it.

User-1229748 20:15 23 Nov 2008

it's the "light on resources" part of nod32 that would sway my vote :o)

mfletch 15:27 24 Nov 2008

NOD32>Bitdefender>Kaspersky

These are in my opinion the best Antivirus programs you can have and if you or anyone gets the chance of getting one of them free get it as fast as you can,

AVG has had some troubles lately with its updates,
and as its free why put up with it when you can download one of the best AV;s for free also,

I change my AV;s every so often it just depends on what is being offered for free at the time,

At the moment Im using Kaspersy Internet security and NOD32 {on different computers} both free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?