Info needed for new Desktop purchase £450-£550

julius44 08:25 27 Mar 2011

Hello and good morning....i'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old Dell Dimension 5150 XP Desktop to a new desktop that is running Windows 7(preferably 64 bit)....Can anyone pls direct me to a few websites or links that already have...pre-bit dekstops WITH a monitor included in their offers pls. My budget is £450-£550. I'm looking for something fairly decent and Intel i3 pls. I need decent enough specs, and and HD graphics card, as I recently purchased an HD webcam. I will NOT be using it to play any games....as ive got a ps3 for online gaming and this does me fine.....A good monitor with decent specs for me to be watching movies/videos/youtube HD would be an added bonus pls.
Also i have most of my sfuff backed up to an external hard drive, so thats okay...but is there any good software that i can use to transfer my software from my XP desktop to the windows 7 dekstop pls...when i get the new computer??

pls kindly email me with as many suggestions to both my questions please, many thanks.

Forum Editor 09:54 27 Mar 2011

Please don't ask people to do that.

Your question should really have been posted in Consumerwatch, and I would normally transfer it to that forum area. We're doing some work on the site at the moment however, and I'm not able to make the transfer.

Asking people to email you with advice defeats the object of the forum, which is to allow others to read the advice that you're offered.

The Kestrel 09:57 27 Mar 2011

Try Cougar Extreme click here.

or Novatech click here, buit you will need to add on the cost of the monitor here as the prices are for the base unit only.

julius44 13:05 27 Mar 2011

Dear forum Editor.
I thought that the purpose of this great pc advisor forum was to ask for advice on a pc related product or to ask for advice if one has a problem. I've posted queries on pc related products before and it has NEVER been a problem, and i'm sure there are tonnes of people that have posted similar things in the helproom forum and it hasn't been an issue at all.

johnnyrocker 19:41 27 Mar 2011

read forum rules?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone