Info: VIA KT333 & KT400 Chipset, & 4in1 Drivers !

Giggle n' Bits 02:34 08 Mar 2003

I have found that the earlier Windows operating systems Win98/98Se & WinMe do not support the VIA 4in1 Drivers needed for the above 2 VIA chipsets.

Resulting in sluggish Auto-play of CD's, lack or response from Primary or secondary IDE's. And other little glitches.

A big thank you to !!! :-

The Village Idiot (M8)

Realm Computers in Manchester, UK (cheers Ian)

goonerbill 10:07 08 Mar 2003

hi diamandx

dont know where ya got ya info from, but ya info is incorrect. after the problem i had, which we talked about, my pc is running ok after reloading original bios and am running ME and VIA's hyperian (4.45) 4in1 drivers and everything is running great and have not had any of the problems you have mentioned.

some other people i know with the kt400 chipset, also have ME and latest 4in1 drivers and dont have any of the problems.

Totally-braindead 10:56 08 Mar 2003

I agree with goonerbill, the info you have is totally wrong. My computer has a Gigabyte GA7VRXP mainboard using a VIA KT400 chipset, the 4 in 1 drivers work fine with Win 98 SE

Giggle n' Bits 11:17 08 Mar 2003

tried 6 or 7 different Optical drives, on different channels, loads of Ribbon calbes, rebuilt the system with alternate parts and none of this cured the probelem. Maybe the Windows on every attempt was a poor install ?.

I am still convinced my investigation as highlighted above is correct. Going inot more detail the board which includes the VIA VT8235 and NOT a Raid board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?