INFECTED P.C

mark3986 00:45 16 Sep 2007

MY LAPTOP KEEP COMING UP COMPUTER INFECTEDITS REALLY WORRYIN ME WOT CAN I DO ANYONE KNOW ANY FREE SOFTWARE TO FIX THIS THANKS

whats the exact message,and what program is giving you the message?

a good link to software
click here

mark3986 01:02 16 Sep 2007

ITS WHEN IM ON THE INTERNET I GET A POP SAYING MY COMPUTERS INFECTED I THINK IT SAID I NEED A MALWARE SOFTWARE IL COPY AND PASTE WHEN IT COMES ON AGAIN

birdface 10:26 16 Sep 2007

Take off your Your Upper case printing to start with.And if you have an Icon opening up wanting you to download new Spyware, Do not open it.You could try A Squared it's free .click here If you make sure that you up-date it first then run a Deep Scan it will take about an hour.

Totally-braindead 10:34 16 Sep 2007

Do as buteman says, this sounds like one of those Malware programs that get on your PC and try to get you buy some rubbishy software that creates problems instead of solving them.
Once you have run A squared and made sure you are clean I would also rerun your anti virus software(whatever you use).

wee eddie 14:51 16 Sep 2007

Once you have run "a2", tell us what security software you have installed , and someone will come up with a few suggestions of Free Software that should help you avoid such a situation in the future.

By the way, most of us have been in the same situation, that you are, at some time or other.

"Don't down load the software that the Pop-up suggested". It will only cause grief

mark3986,
The Software advice and general security selection in the "click here " at [email protected]:52 is sound.
The antispyware programs and other security measures linked are amongst the most,if not the most popular on the forum(courtesy of skidzy).
However Still post the exact message, as sometimes particular strains can prove more difficult to remove and will require more expert help.
As advised Do not open or click the pop ups.

mark3986 21:13 16 Sep 2007

ive tried to download the squared software that was requested and it wont let me it comes up internet explorer cannot download a2freeSetup.exe from fs5.filehippo.com also says internet explorer was not able to open this internet site the requested site is either unavailable or annot be found Mark

try this one
click here
select free version

mark3986 21:26 16 Sep 2007

RAVEN ITS COME UP HE SAME MESSAGE MATE

Ive just tried both with no problems,have you got firefox,to try A -squared download with that instead

firefox
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone