Infected.... Bankerfox.A and 'security suite'

tAtu*! 21:41 13 Aug 2010

hi all
I have been infected...No idea how!!! with trojans and scareware!

I have pop ups telling me I have an infiltration alert, mt McAfee and Malwarebytes won't open!! I have tried to run safe mode, whilst in safe mode i ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing, McAfee freezes at 1% scan, can anyone helpme??? Started tonight when I tried to log on on to internet, really slow and non-responsive. Can not access OPERA or Chrome browswers, windows message says the exe file is infected.

thanks

tAtu*! 21:46 13 Aug 2010

update:
I believe its part of the antivirone set up, can anyone help??

thanks

rdave13 21:51 13 Aug 2010

This should be a first move, follow the instrctions here, click here

tAtu*! 21:56 13 Aug 2010

thanks rdave13

i have downloaded it after slowly getting on to firefox, but it won't run as i keep get the error message pcstray.exe is infected. do I need to do this in safe mode?

thanks

rdave13 21:58 13 Aug 2010

Yes go to safe mode with networking as instructed. Print out the instructions, read, and follow closely.

tAtu*! 22:21 13 Aug 2010

thank you!

I have followed the instructions, as we speak MBAM is running and has found to infected objects, compared to none on the full scan before I ran RBKill . will keep you posted once its finished the scan,

thanks again

tAtu*! 22:55 13 Aug 2010

thanks rdave13

MBAM seems to got rid of the little bas***d!

in your opinion would the paid for MBAM with its realtime scanner picked up this nasty?????

cheers again

Marc

rdave13 23:10 13 Aug 2010

Not really in my thoughts. Avast 5 AV (free version) seems to be quick at finding compromised legitimate sites. Sometimes in the adverts they show, even moving the mouse pointer over these ads can start an invisible download of malware. No fault of these sites just clever malware writers.
I think you should run another full scan of malwarebytes in your normal mode (boring I know) just to clear up any leftover if there should be.
Also download, update the free version of SuperantiSpyware. This one works better than Malwarebytes in safe mode and also protects your homepage. Have a google for it.
If you have Ccleaner then run it's registry cleaner as well.
After all that I'm glad Bleeping Computers sorted it out for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?