incredimail won't finish downloading e mails

sgtdibble 16:32 08 Jul 2009

My incredimail is trying to download 1 of 2 e-mails it gets to 2% then although it says it is recieving it never gets more 2% no matter how long you leave it any ideas how to unjam it please

Graphicool1 16:44 08 Jul 2009

Switch Incredimail completely off, including the icon in the Task Bar. Then switch it back on again. If this doesn't help, reboot the PC.

Technotiger 16:47 08 Jul 2009

Click on Stop to stop the download. It might just be too big, do you know what the mail is. like Photo's for instance, or perhaps a big PDF file?

Technotiger 16:48 08 Jul 2009

Also do you keep your In-tray/Out-Tray etc clear, if you keep a large build-up of mails, this will tend to slow things down.

sgtdibble 16:57 08 Jul 2009

I have done as Graphicool1 suggested now I have an error message ERR(in use)maildrop busy I keep in and out trays, no I have no idea who the e-mail is from I left it 30 mins and it still only went to 2%

Technotiger 17:03 08 Jul 2009

If you had clicked on Stop, you may have got a brief explanation of any problem.

I can only suggest, under the circumstance, that you download and install the latest Incredimail version, even if you already have the latest. You do not need to un-install your present version.

sgtdibble 17:06 08 Jul 2009

Thanks Technotiger I will do that as this is the first time in 2 years it's gone wrong

sgtdibble 17:24 08 Jul 2009

I've reinstalled incredimail but it's still the same I've no idea what to do with it now

Technotiger 17:27 08 Jul 2009

Do you mean it is still not completing a email download?

If so, click on the Stop icon, then note if it gives any reason - you might need to click on, Details!

sgtdibble 17:33 08 Jul 2009

Thats right it will not get any more than 2% recieving if I click the stop it says operation incomplete

Technotiger 17:37 08 Jul 2009

And is there not the word Details shown, clicking on this this normally gives more information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone