Incredimail won't check for messages any more!

bluegeranium 11:50 19 Aug 2010

I am having a problem with Incredimail. I recently upgraded to Incredimail 2 and it was working fine but then suddenly it is not automatically checking for messages.

Also if I go to Tools Options and try to change the time to check for messages it defaults to 2 minutes and the numbers only go up to 9 minutes!!

I have contacted Incredimail who have asked me to download the setup file which I did and also to delete the runtime folder nothing works.

Can anyone please help

thanks

I have windows xp and firefox

Nontek 12:03 19 Aug 2010

If you still have your original Incredimail download, I would ditch Version2 and reinstall the older version.

Version 2 is rubbish IMHO.

bluegeranium 12:37 19 Aug 2010

I think you may be right. The only really good thing about it is the fantastic search facility it instantly finds messages with only a few letters but I guess I am a bit impatient!!

birdface 12:40 19 Aug 2010

Go to tools.Options.make sure run incredimail at start up is ticked.
Tend to agree with Nontek Incredimail is slowly going downhill.

northumbria61 12:41 19 Aug 2010

No problems here with Incredimail 2

bluegeranium 12:51 19 Aug 2010

The weird thing is I have IM2 on my laptop and that works perfectly you can change the number of minutes to whatever you want but on this one as I said it won't go above 9 minutes and even then defaults to 2 minutes and then doesn't check anyway!!

birdface 13:03 19 Aug 2010

it will not check unless you have got it set to run at start up.Then it will only notify you when you get new mail.
I can set mine to however long i want to set it to.
Have you got it set as your default e-mail provider.

birdface 13:34 19 Aug 2010

This looks like there latest update.

click here

Unfortunately with the free version they try to bundle unwanted programs along with their own.
10bit being one of them.
Not sure if the pro version is the same.
There seems to be an update for them every other week at the moment.
Lucky if you got one every 6 months before.

northumbria61 13:37 19 Aug 2010

I have the following;-

1. Check for new messages when opening Incredimail.
2. Check for new messages every 5 mins.

I DON'T have Incredimail set to launch on "Startup"

It works perfectly - for me that is.

I would suggest you uninstall/reinstall - that also has always corrected any problems I have had in the past - but glad to say no problems since installing I.C. 2

bluegeranium 13:54 19 Aug 2010

I have tried it both ways - no better!! I am in 'contact' with IM help but I think I'm in a loop now as each email is asking me for stuff I've already sent them like the data then they ask me to delete the runtime file (whatever that is) which I've already done and so it goes on.

northumbria61 14:00 19 Aug 2010

It would be quicker to BACKUP your Incredimail Data (to be on the Safe Side)and uninstall/reinstall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?