Incredimail will not send BMP image?

Baskerville 13:22 05 Jan 2008

Hi all,

Does anyone know why Incredimail will not send a BMP attachment? the image is 1.2mb in size so it's quite large, it attempts to send and then gives up?

Thanks for any help,

Baskerville.

Technotiger 13:38 05 Jan 2008

The best way is to convert the image to .jpg Incredimail will then have no problem sending it.

Baskerville 13:42 05 Jan 2008

Technotiger,

How do I convert from BMP to JPEG ?

Baskerville

Technotiger 13:48 05 Jan 2008

I use PicaView32 click here, but I believe there are plenty of other Picture Views which will do the same, you could try Picasso click here

Baskerville 13:55 05 Jan 2008

Done it with paint shop pro, many thanks,

Baskerville.
One other thing Techno, I'm not getting emails to say someone has answered my questions, I have to go through Google and then to PC AD what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Technotiger 14:02 05 Jan 2008

You have to check or un-check the box at the bottom of your created thread when you first set it up, to automatically get email notifications.

In the meantime you could include your Thread page in Favourites or Bookmarks, depending on which Browser you are using, then you could get to it easier.

Technotiger 14:10 05 Jan 2008

Or further to my last comment above - even easier just to click on 'Your postings' at top left of page - you will then see all Postings you have ever made on the forum.

Baskerville 14:19 05 Jan 2008

Techno,

The BMP image at 1.2mb was turned into a 66kb JPEG but it still will not let me send it, same problem as before, Incredimail times out?

Maybe there is some sort of protection in it? it is an image of a shark following a canoe, I got off the Daily Telegraph online newspaper last week (could have been the daily Mail)

Baskerville.

Technotiger 14:28 05 Jan 2008

Yeah, you could be right, it may be Copyrighted.

Did you look to see if the on-line paper allowed you any options regarding the pic, like sending it in an email?

My son has his own on-line Sports Magazine click here which is Free to download, but the pictures in it are his protected Copyright - because they are available to Purchase from him. I guess the on-line newspaper is similar.

Baskerville 14:34 05 Jan 2008

Oh well thanks for the help anyway,

Baskerville.

Technotiger 14:44 05 Jan 2008

I have just experimented by right-clicking on a picture in the on-line Daily Mail, I then had the option among other things, to Send it. I sent it to myself (it auto opened my Incredimail) and have just received it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017