IncrediMail Uninstalling will I lose Saved mail

Solartopi 14:28 24 Sep 2007

Hi Folks,

It's me again requesting Help, please.

I wish to uninstall IncrediMail, if I do so will I loose all mail that I have saved through IncrediMail. Please advise. Wil it cause any Mail problems.

Solartopi

Technotiger 14:42 24 Sep 2007

In Incredimail>Help>FAQ's type in the question "Transfer data to OE" then read what it says.

Andy1991 16:56 24 Sep 2007

Yes, mm, incrediamil... Incredimail stores all of its data for your mail messages and emoticons etc in
C:\ Documents and Settings\[MyUserName]\local settings\application data\IM\ (and then objects folder or something)
more specifically, there is an identities folder somewhere in here

This contains your email messages, back that up, then uninstall. You will be able to open emial messages in that folder with other email clients.

Though, if u wish to reinstall incredimail, install it again, open it, then close it. Go to Identities folder again, then copy the name of the new folder in here (It will be a string of characters), then rename the origonal folder you backed up and paste the new name in, then copy that folder back to the identities folder and replace all files with the "Yes to All" button when promted.

birdface 17:32 24 Sep 2007
  birdface 17:40 24 Sep 2007

If you are going to reinstall it again.I believe it keeps all your details.But if you are going to remove it completely.You will have to follow the save e-mail folder on my last click here.

Solartopi 18:18 24 Sep 2007

Technotiger, Andy1991, buteman,

Thanks for all the info. I should have mentioned earlier, I usually save wanted emails from IncrediMail & Outlook Express to a Document on my hard drive. These & other Attachments that come in OutLook Express but open up in IncrediMaial, I also save in that same document. Now if I uninstall IncrediMail completely will I be able to open these saved Attachs & Emails in other e-mail clients.

Thanks

Solartopi

birdface 19:03 24 Sep 2007

Hi.I have never tried this before but if you go into tools.Data and settings transfer wizard and use that ,It transfers data to your new e-mail provider.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?