Is Incredimail taking the micky?

numskull 11:13 12 Nov 2011
Answered

This morning my incredimail is full of adverts, can't have smart notifier now and they want £24.95 to get Incredimail Plus! Is it getting too full of rubbish anyway?

Menzie 12:10 12 Nov 2011

I stopped using Incredimail a while ago, to start with it was a very good program and I could send what I considered at the time to be unique looking e-mails.

The only price I had to pay was to have a little link at the bottom of the message to promote the software.

I stopped using it when that little discreet message was replaced by a banner to Thunderbird instead. Also for some reason Incredimail stopped working with my e-mail account on my system.

Thunderbird doesn't have the notifier and all the little touches (possibly does with a plug-in somewhere I haven't looked) but it's nice to send e-mails again with just what I wrote as the contents.

birdface 14:41 12 Nov 2011

Used it for years till Emisoft kept flagging it as a Trojan downloader.

To be fair I use Windows Live mail just now and I am not keen on that.I was toying with the idea of going back to Incredimail but I don't think I will bother now.

Do you not have an ad-blocker downloaded that will stop the Adverts.

birdface 14:43 12 Nov 2011

other thing is to give MalwareBytes a run to see if it finds any problems.

Graphicool1 14:49 12 Nov 2011

numskull

"incredimail is full of adverts"?

What Free version of IncMail are you using? I'm using '2'. The only adverts I see are in a titchy window about 1/2" x 2" at the top right corner.

I don't use notifiers, I've set up my own filtering system, using the 'Add Folders'

I have created 17 mail drop boxes. not including the 'Inbox' or 'deleted items'.

Click 'Tools' - 'Message Rules' in here you get the choices you need to filter your incoming mail. 'friends folder' - 'spam Folder' or 'Bounce'.

it's all there, all you have to do is set it up, as I have.

numskull 08:53 14 Nov 2011
Answer

I have been using the paid for version for years. I think the problem was that the license key got removed for some strange reason. When I looked for the license key this morning it wasn't there so have re entered it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?