Incredimail Questions

golfpro 10:29 16 Dec 2006

I used Incredimail a couple of years ago, but got rid of it because I had a few problems. since then I have been using Outlook Express.
However I am thinking of giving it another go, but I need to know if it has gotten any better, and is compatible with my email server Yahoo, (I have a pop mail address with them) and also Mailwasher. Also is there anyway of deleting the emoticoms from the bottom of outgoing mails.

dogbreath1 11:15 16 Dec 2006

I used it for quite a while and it was OK. Ultimately, it's just got novelty value.

It's a big program that makes many registry changes...as you will discover if you try to uninstall it.

I'd stick to OE.

golfpro 11:15 16 Dec 2006

I was looking forward to some replies to this post, before I dowloaded it as I know how difficult it is to get rid of

dogbreath1 11:17 16 Dec 2006

The emoticons at the bottom of an email cannot be disabled (and that's just a guess!). IM is free and so you would expect them to retain the right to some self promotion in an outgoing message.

wotbus@ 11:40 16 Dec 2006

I gave it try a couple of days ago. Novelty value is the keyword but it can spice up your dull email appearance nicely if thats what you want. I got rid of it again though as to use it to full advantage it seems the recipient needs it as well!. After sending only one email I deleted it simply, quickly and without hassle using Add/Remove Programs.
If it's anothe email manager you are looking for, give Thunderbird a try. Steets ahead of OE (personal oppinion of course ;-)

Blackhat 12:33 16 Dec 2006

There was a thread on this the other day in Absolute beginers.

click here

birdface 15:40 16 Dec 2006

You can only delete Emoticoms,If you send letter in Plain text.

birdface 15:48 16 Dec 2006

You press the button for new mail,Then go into Messages,Then press, Send with plain Text,That should do it,Waste of time using Incredimail if you are going to use it all the time.Its Ok if you are sending mail to Banks Etc,But would be a bit boring without the extra's,

bluto1 19:37 16 Dec 2006

You can delete the emoticons at the bottom of your sent mail if you use the Premium service. It costs but I don`t know how much.

golfpro 08:48 23 Dec 2006

Decided to use Thunderbird instead.

Technotiger 09:27 23 Dec 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone