Incredimail - is it safe

badgermansix 07:27 17 Feb 2010

Vista Premium with Yahoo email.

My friend (newly on line,and PC's )has been advised to use Incredimail, the free version.
I have never used it so cannot make a comment, but I do want to keep him "safe" and free from any unneccessary problems.
Any advice please, one way or another?

tia

northumbria61 07:48 17 Feb 2010

I have been using Incredimail for approx. 7 years now (Paid Version) and have not encountered any problems. It looks nice, it feels good and you can add quite a few features to your emails. I see no reason for you to have any problems with the FREE version. That way you can try it out - if you don't like it, uninstall it - but if you do like it consider the PAID version.

Technotiger 08:22 17 Feb 2010

I too, and all my relatives & friends have been using Incredimail for many years, it is grreat. Perrfectly safe.

birdface 09:15 17 Feb 2010

I use the free version and find it so easy to use and would recommend it to anyone.
£10 off if you are thinking of buying the premium version.

click here

Make sure it has the Keycode on it for the reduction.

birdface 09:18 17 Feb 2010

The keycode is on that version that I posted but just in case this is it,

CIM_ALL-2071951733

Now that was for 3 days ago it should still be Ok.

Jollyjohn 13:05 17 Feb 2010

Incredimail also has a neat option for junk - "bounce to sender" - this returns the junk mail as if it had been sent to a non existant address.
My wife, who doesnt like computers, showed me that trick!

MAJ 13:30 17 Feb 2010

"bounce to sender"

Not a good idea, they're wise to that, have been for years, plus it helps to clog up the internet with unnecessary traffic, just delete junk mail.

badgermansix: Incredimail is as safe as any HTML email client is. Some people don't like all the extras it can add, so choose which recipients you send your Incredimail to.

peter99co 14:10 17 Feb 2010

Bounce to sender also lets the sender know they have found an active account. Delete does not tell the sender anything.

Technotiger 14:34 17 Feb 2010

Hi, Incredimail also includes the option to send plain ordinary naked emails - LoL ...

MAJ 15:20 17 Feb 2010

Hi Tecnotiger, I used to play around with it many years ago but I preferred OE as I was, at the time, experimenting with inserting video into emails and I never had much success with Incredimail. Most email clients can also send and receive plain text (naked, lol) emails and a lot of people do prefer them and they are safer when it comes to viruses and spyware. Another little email program I used to play with was Scrippy click here HTML email lovers will have some fun with it. I haven't used it in years either.

badgermansix 22:54 17 Feb 2010

Well, thank you all for the input.
I have cut and pasted the responses to my friend,
to let him decide.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache