Incredimail - downloading

prozac1947 20:24 06 May 2003

I have just tried to download Incredimail - in the past it was very straightforward. This time I got this message;
Could not initialize installation. File size expected=5731433, size returned=39432. The parameter is incorrect.
As I have just reformatted my hard drive I should have lots of space (if that is what it means !!)
Help please.

MartinT-B 20:31 06 May 2003

It appears you only got 39432 of a file expected to be 5731433 - ie most of it is missing.

Try again. Do you have a download manager?

I suggest Leechget, Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) or another f your choice.

I use Leechget, which I got from webattack.com, Freeware section, Download Managers heading.

Belatucadrus 20:33 06 May 2003

It looks like you've got a corrupt download, check the size in properties, it should be 5.5Mb plus. If it's less than that you may have to download a new copy.

prozac1947 20:57 06 May 2003

Thanks very much I had just downloaded a download manager Flashget and thought that could be the prob and got rid of it !!!!!!!!!! so will try again and look for another incredimail site.
Thanks for help

MartinT-B 21:01 06 May 2003

Does flashget have a 'resume' facility?

prozac1947 21:51 06 May 2003

Hi again - I downloaded Leechget. Went into the actual Incredimail site plus 3 others. Still got same message " the parameters are incorrect ????????? What the heck are parameters and could I have altered them when I reformatted my hard drive !!!!!!!!!

prozac1947 21:51 06 May 2003

Hi again - I downloaded Leechget. Went into the actual Incredimail site plus 3 others. Still got same message " the parameters are incorrect ????????? What the heck are parameters and could I have altered them when I reformatted my hard drive !!!!!!!!!

MartinT-B 21:57 06 May 2003

Where are you?

If you click on the envelope next to my name you can email me. When I get to work tomorrow am, I'll email you the Incredimail xe file I downloaded about a week ago.

I can't do it tonight as I have not got email set up on this PC yet. (Long story).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires