Incredimail cannot get my Hotmail Plus...

dogbreath1 14:30 12 Jun 2005

In an earlier thread, VoG™ kindly pointed me to a thread elsewhere which enabled me to make two changes to my internet settings which then allowed my Outlook Express to recover my Hotmail Plus mail. Unfortunately, the same settings will not permit a similar account in Incredimail to connect to Hotmail Plus. I am getting various errors whick include- Server Details 'Not Supported' and Server Details 'Service Unavailable'. I am repeatedly asked to check my User Name and Password details, but these are correct. Any help would be welcome. In particular, if any of you guys out there have a successful Incredimail/Hotmail marriage, it would be interesting to know what your various settings are. For the record, I have tried configuring Incredimail by two methods, 1. 'Automatically configure settings' (which although marked as recommended in the dialogue box, is not the recommended method on the Incredimail help site) and, 2. 'Let me configure settings myself' (which, when entering your Hotmail details only wants to give the options of POP or IMAP and not HTTP as it needs to be for Hotmail Plus). Thanks in anticipation. db.

dogbreath1 18:53 14 Jun 2005

I have now managed to get Incredimail to 'speak' to Hotmail Plus. Just in case anyone else gets the same problem, this is what I did. Incidentally, the following way goes against both Incredimail and Hotmail advice- but it worked for me.
Configure Outlook Express to accommodate Hotmail click here
Although Hotmail suggest that username only needs to be everything before the .co.uk, don't believe it. For 'user', username should be [email protected]. Then open Incredimail and using similar steps as for Outlook Express (Tools>Accounts etc) choose the option Automatically Configure Settings (which is the recommended option in the dialogue box but not the recommended option should you read the advice on the Incredimail site). This has the effect of showing what accounts are already configured in Outlook Express. Highlight Hotmail and make sure that the following settings are applied (some are imported from OE, some need manual insertion):-
GENERAL TAB
Account Name- Hotmail
Display Name- user
email address- [email protected]
check the box for 'Include this account when recieving mail
SERVER TAB
Server URL- click here
Username- [email protected] (again, contrary to advice given by Hotmail)
Password- obviously complete this and if desired check the box 'Remember Password'
ADVANCED TAB
Check the boxes for 'Leave A Copy Of Messages On Server' and 'Apply The Junk Filter When Receiving Messages To This Account'.
Connection should now be possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?