IncrediMail?

A3 17:08 07 Apr 2005

Does anyone have an info on whether IncrediMail is worth using for e-mails, opposed to OE6? I know it adds more colour to your e-mails, but is it any use and is it as secure as OE?

Technotiger 17:20 07 Apr 2005

Hi, I am all for Incredimail - in my humble opinion it it easily the best e-mail program available. I have the Gold Version, but even the
free version is Tops. I would say Go For It without hesitation.

Cheers.

Technotiger 17:20 07 Apr 2005

Forgot, in my enthusiasm - click here

A3 17:31 07 Apr 2005

Technotiger,

How do you scan for viruses with Incredimail, I understand it won't go through AVG?

Technotiger 17:37 07 Apr 2005

It does go through AVG - scans automatically. I use AVG and Kerio Firewall (free versions of both).

Download it and give it a go - you will not be disappointed.

Cheers.

Fingees 18:27 07 Apr 2005

What I like about it, is the notifier.

If I receive an Email whilst not at my computer, the notifier remains on screen until I click on it.

I don't miss any mail this way.

Dorsai 18:44 07 Apr 2005

I an not a fan of incredimail. I had it for a few weeks. It crashed, and took XP with it. I had to reformat and re-install. It totally trashed my system when it died.

Thunderbird, click here
on the other hand: also gives an audio message if mail arrives, puts a envelope icon in your system tray to let you know when there is new mail, has a mail filter, and other such options.

The main difference I have noticed is that when it FUBAR, you just uninstall it, and then re-install. No rebooting, no hassle. No loss of mail or addresses.

Thats my opinion on Incredimail.

A3 18:50 07 Apr 2005

Thanks for all your inputs. I will give it a go for a couple of weeks and if any problems arise I will try Thunderbird.

Indigo 1 18:55 07 Apr 2005

I also have experienced major problems when using Incredimail, it totally trashed my Windows installation and created a list of problems that took weeks to sort out.

This was a couple of years ago when I was less experienced of course and maybe it has improved since. I also found a lot of spyware was 'attracted' to it and scaniing with AVG did not work either.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Giantsquid 19:07 07 Apr 2005

I love incredimail so I bought the thing, then it crashed and nobody but nobody from the support team could sort it, that is 2 years ago and it is still broke and the VIP support has stopped answering my emails,

Avoid it,

Technotiger 19:08 07 Apr 2005

Well - I am rather surprised to find such apparent bad problems with Incredimail. I can only say that neither I nor any of my local friends who use it on my recommendation have had any problems with it at all. We all use XP with SP2, and I and several of the others keep everything up-to-date with all the usual Anti-virus/Firewall/AdAware programs. I am also very surprised when I see so many people with virus/adaware/trojan troubles etc, I and my friends are all on broadband and on-line much of the time yet very rarely, if ever, have such problems. My own PC is on-line at least ten hours each day, even when I go out I leave it on.

I still say that Incredimail is easily The Best and will continue to recommend it to anyone who asks.

Cheers. Didn't mean to rave-on, sorry :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie