Incredible shrinking screen

MickinPlymouthUK 02:50 06 Apr 2006

When playing video clips in Realplayer and Windows Media player, I set "Full screen" size, but after a while the pic shrinks back to small size.
I've trawled the help files and tried a few "remedies" without success.
Anybody else had this problem, and if so how did you solve it?
I'm Win 98SE
PS - Are there any other video players around for free download that you'd reccomend me giving a try?
(I hear there's a Quicktime but sadly its not for Win 98)

bloo meeny 12:02 06 Apr 2006

Not sure about the pic problem, but I'm on W98SE too and highly recommend that you try Media Player Classic (MPC) and the K-Lite Codec Pack.

Firstly, uninstall Realplayer, Quicktime and WMP (though leaving WMP on the system does no harm). Also uninstall any codecs/packs you may have installed previously.

Media Player Classic click here
Click on the green download link and scroll down - MPC 6.4.9.0 is the one you want.

K-Lite Codec Pack
click here
Download via the left-hand menu, and get the latest FULL version (2.71)

With MPC, you can now toggle play/pause with a single click, toggle full screen on/off with a double click and use the mouse wheel (if you have one) for volume.

Hope this is of interest.

MickinPlymouthUK 04:50 09 Apr 2006

Okay bloo thanks, bad news/good news - I downloaded MPC and codecs but the shrinking screen prob was still there, so I had the brainwave of deleting the free AOL Spyware zapper and the good news is there's no more shrinking screens :)
(That zapper thing was always a pain anyway, it used to cut in every 15 minutes with a little message "checking now for spyware", disrupting anything I was doing and causing prog glitches and stuff. I don't need it, I use Spybot and Adaware anyway)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone