increase the font size in works word

asrobs 15:47 27 Apr 2007

Hi, can anyone suggest a way to increase the font size when you click on to works word I have to keep changing it every time.

skidzy 15:54 27 Apr 2007

Open Works and select Format,select your prefered size and ok.

MAJ 15:56 27 Apr 2007

From the help files:

"Specify a default template
Open the templateA document that contains pre-designed formatting, layout, and some text. that you want to specify as the default templatethe boilerplate document used whenever you start a new document.
On the File menu, click Save As.
Click Template.
The Save As Template dialog box appears.

Type a name for the template.
For example, type MyTemplate.

Select the Use this template for new Word Processor documents check box.
Note

If you decide not to change the default template, click Save As Template on the File menu, and then click Defaults to use the default template Normal.wpt."

skidzy 15:56 27 Apr 2007

Should have said Format then Font,however this only applies to that particular document.

skidzy 15:57 27 Apr 2007

Best i be quiet after seeing your input MAJ Lol :-))

Worth a try i guess :-)0

MAJ 15:57 27 Apr 2007

Jeez that didn't come out too well.

Click on Help in the Word processor and type in Default Template, it's all there.

MAJ 15:59 27 Apr 2007

Hi skidzy, I tried to copy and paste there, didn't work too well, lol.

skidzy 16:05 27 Apr 2007

Hi Maj,hope your well.Leave you to this one,not my best subject Works/Excel etc.. :-))

MAJ 17:49 27 Apr 2007

Perhaps I should go through it again, I was in a rush out and hadn't time to fix my corrupt post above.

Open the Word Processor, make the changes you want in the document, for example, increase the font size to the desired point size (it's 10 by default). When you have made all your changes, go to File > Save as and click on the 'Template' button. You will be asked to give your new template a name; name it something apt. Then tick the little box which says "Use this template for new Word Processor documents", then click OK. Now close the Word processor. From now on your documents should open using your new template.

MAJ 18:51 27 Apr 2007

As an aside and for further info. The same can be done for Microsoft Word documents. To change the default document font setup, open a new document and go to Format > Font, change the options you want for example set the font size to 12 or 13, change the Font type, Font colour or whatever you want. Then click the 'Default' button at the bottom, you will be asked if you want to change the default template for all documents, choose Yes. From then on all your new documents will open that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?