Increase 2GB limit for Outlook from Office XP

mak2 19:03 18 May 2008

Does outlook have 2GB limit if it was part of Office XP, if so is there a way of increasing it?

Help required.

Clapton is God 19:09 18 May 2008

What 2GB limit are you talking about?

2GB limit for what?

MAT ALAN 19:10 18 May 2008

click here

this may help...

mak2 19:22 18 May 2008

CiG, 2gb limit for outlook.
M A, Thanks, I've had a read thru it, it looks complicated to create new pst file and do I just drag emails across into the new folder.

MAT ALAN 19:24 18 May 2008

I think you can use export to move the files...

mak2 22:23 18 May 2008

Thanks I'll try that.

Taff™ 22:38 18 May 2008

How big is your archive.pst ? The answer may be to archive more folders, just change the archive defaults for personal folders.

mak2 22:48 18 May 2008

Archive's not very big, about half a gig.

Taff™ 06:18 19 May 2008

My Outlook dates back three years, prior to that I have older archives should I ever need them. My Outlook.pst is half a gig and the archive.pst 800 Mb. The Auto Archive settings on the majority of my personal folders is set to 60 days (Sent mail 30, Business mail 90 for example) I can access the archive via the Archive folder within the Current view.

The answer is a combination of this and Mat Alan`s suggestion. Every six months I look at the archive folders and ruthlessly delete anything I really have no need for & I export the archive folders to a new file called backup.pst and continue with the current set up. That way I should have at least two copies of everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?