Incorrect Network Setup

wolfman10 18:48 28 Jan 2007

Hi folks,
I am trying to install a recently purhased Netgear Router on my laptop (after having problems with my BT 2100 wireless Router). However, when i run the installation cd i am greeted with a page as follows:

INCORRECT NETWORK SETUP

The installaton Assistant has detected that your current network setup is incorrect.
Remove the new Netgear router from the network and return your network to its original configuration.

Can anyone please tell me how i return my network to its original configuration?

Thanks for your time

Paul

chub_tor 18:58 28 Jan 2007

On my Netgear DG834 Router you get access to it by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar then entering the Users Name and password, default is admin and password (I think as I have changed my password). Once you can access the router look down the left hand side for Maintenance, Backup Settings and then click on Erase. This will restore the router to its default settings.

wolfman10 19:03 28 Jan 2007

I'm pretty sure they are referring to Resetting the network configuration that is on my laptop. I can't install the Netgear router because of this problem

chub_tor 16:26 29 Jan 2007

Sorry I misunderstood the question, you might want to try posting this in the Networking Forum instead of the general Helproom. You might find some more experienced people there.

PalaeoBill 16:45 29 Jan 2007

Don't use the installation cd.
Plug an RJ45 cable between your laptop's ethernet network port and one of the ports on the back of the BT router.
Spark up Internet Explorer or whatever browser you are using and type in:
click here
This will take you straight to the configuration page as chub_tor suggested. When it is configured you will be able to disconnect the cable and use your wireless connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone