Inconsistency of anti virus security reviews.

ade247 21:11 11 Mar 2006

Hiya everybody or anybody. It's that tme of year where my security suite needs renewing and I need some advice from someone who has more experience than me with this issue. I have currently F-secure security suite and it has suited my needs well. Also if you go to to the Barclays bank website and look under security they have a special offer to buy the new 2006 edition for about £28 which is ok! Why do I want to change then?...because it is a system hog which causes huge boot up times. (I have an average 140G memory with 512 RAM). I have scoured the web all day for different reviews and have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no consistency as to which is the best one. Overall I may decide to opt for buying the Zone Alarm suite simply because I am impressed by it's triple firewall. The No Adware software seems to offer the best anti-spyware so I suppose I may shell out on a one off limetime license and have done with it. Review of anti-virus software testings are so inconsistent I feel that I may as well choose anything so what about Zone Alarm? What are other forum members experiences? Any ideas or suggestions please?

woodchip 21:25 11 Mar 2006

All you need is Free Avast click here and free Zone Alarm

Chris Webster 21:25 11 Mar 2006

Have a look at this previous thread click here

Cheers Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017