Incoming e mail format.

john bunyan 16:10 20 Feb 2010

W7, Outlook 2007. Most incoming e mails look normal, but some, from on line orders look odd - for example : p> Dear Customer p>
strong> Order no Strong>
All very difficult to read. I there a setting to make it look normal?

rawprawn 16:34 20 Feb 2010

Hi john bunyan, I have Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. I have just checked all my online orders and I have nothing like you are pointing out.
I don't know, but in Options > Other Tab > Advanced Options, is "Use Unicode Message Format when Saving Message."
Worth a look.

john bunyan 17:21 20 Feb 2010

Thanks. This only occured in an order confirmation - it looks like something I have seen before but cant remember where. The box you mention is ticked.

More examples of the text :

<body>

<p style="font-style:italic;text-align: center;">This is an automatically generated email - please do not reply to this address.<br /> If you have any queries please follow the contact details below</p>

shellship 17:27 20 Feb 2010

I'm guessing but is it something to do with HTML being turned on or off. Could it be an incoming HTML message when you have turned yours off?

wiz-king 17:37 20 Feb 2010

shellship is correct, it's in HTML. Most people leave HTML on as it is becoming the default and it enables the use of links. - you may not consider that an advantage or useful but most people do.

john bunyan 18:00 20 Feb 2010

Thanks - how do I turn on HTML in Outlook 2007?

Technotiger 18:02 20 Feb 2010
  john bunyan 19:25 20 Feb 2010

It was the incoming stuff - I will look at yours and the other suggestions. Thanks to all who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017