Incessant "Unresponsive Script" messages now.

bumpkin 18:59 03 Apr 2014

I have had this message before on occasions and just press the stop script option, maybe a few times a week. Now it is almost every minute or two. Anyone else having the same thing or give any advice please.

rdave13 20:04 03 Apr 2014

Had it since yesterday on IE11. I just click on the 'x' on the address bar to stop the page loading further. Will try Firefox.

bumpkin 20:07 03 Apr 2014

Looks like I am not alone, anyone else? I am using a desktop.

rdave13 20:08 03 Apr 2014

OK in FF with Ad Block PLUS.

john bunyan 20:59 03 Apr 2014

I am replying on my wife's I pad. From last night on my w7, IE 11 desktop with my usual ad blocs and anti tracking, the forum site briefly shows followed by the endless circle then "Internet explorer is not responding" and the system becomes unresponsive. I have to use task manager to close the programme. No other sites affected. I e mailed F E. He said no others had reported the fault. _ Peter - are you reading this?.

rdave13 21:20 03 Apr 2014

john bunyan, I don't use any ad blockers on IE11. they seem to make the browser unsteady. Instead I use spywareblaster only. It looks as the Quiz ad on the right could be the problem? Clicking on a page here in IE11 I let the circle rotate a few seconds in the address bar then click on the 'x', to the right, to stop the page loading. The 'quiz' ad, on the right of the page then drops down the list and 'FROM AROUND THE WEB' list takes it's place.

john bunyan 21:38 03 Apr 2014

Rdave13. Thanks. I will try that, but as I have changed nothing it is annoying. I also use Spywareblaster and a couple of anti trackers. I look to P C A to solve it as it is a recent problem and no other site has this issue.

john bunyan 21:38 03 Apr 2014

Rdave13. Thanks. I will try that, but as I have changed nothing it is annoying. I also use Spywareblaster and a couple of anti trackers. I look to P C A to solve it as it is a recent problem and no other site has this issue.

rdave13 21:49 03 Apr 2014

john bunyan it is a PCA site problem. The tab shows the spinning grey circle, sorry, then click on the 'x' in the addy bar to stop the page loading further and you see the changes to the top right of the page where the usual ads are.

rdave13 21:52 03 Apr 2014

Heh.. got it to a 'tee' now.

Timing is everything in life isn't it .. lol.

Woolwell 22:04 03 Apr 2014

I gave up using this site with IE ages ago and use only Chrome or Firefox unless I'm using the iPad when Safari struggles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone