InCD problem

sajeev 03:25 31 Aug 2009

I am trying to install the software which came with my LG DVD writer. From the CD supplied by them I am asked to install the InCD software available on the disc.
Having done this, I get an error message that InCD has disabled itself as it detects the presence of Sonic UDB on the computer and will be available for use only when the Sonic software has been removed.
Sonic came installed with my Dell laptop and I had uninstalled it almost a year ago using Add-Remove programs as it was not working properly.
Now no Sonic software is shown on my list of programs in Control program or on C drive. Search for Sonic produces no positive results.
Can anyone tell me how I can locate the Sonic software and thus make it possible for me to use InCD/Nero to burn my DVDs?
Thanks in advance
Sajeev

Taff™ 07:43 31 Aug 2009

Never used this but Roxio Zap seems to work from advice on several respectable forums. click here however note that it doesn`t work with Vista.

You must remove ALL Roxio software first though including MediaCreator, DragToDisc etc. You might also use the Microsoft Windows Installer Clean Up Tool click here;en-us;290301 and remove all Roxio entries then perform a reboot before using Roxio Zap.

If you find that your CD/DVD Rom is no longer recognised after this don`t be surprised, it happens sometimes and there is another MS Tool to Remove Upper and Lower Filters to correct that.

Strongly recommend you do a manual Sytem Restore Point before attempting all the above.

Taff™ 07:45 31 Aug 2009

MS Windows Clean Up link failed, try this click here

skidzy 08:37 31 Aug 2009

Easiest way sajeev is to search your registry and remove all relevance to Sonic.

I strongly urge you to back up the registry first.

The registry is not something you should take lightly,i would suggest you run Ccleaner first,and use the registry function of Ccleaner also.

ccleaner click here

Registry backup click here

For Windows XP:

1. In Windows XP, from Start, and then click on Run.
2. Type “regedit“, then click on OK.
3. Now it opens the Registry Editor.
4. You can easily navigate through the subkey if you know what you are looking for. Or, you can press “Ctrl + F” to locate the subkey that contains the value you want to edit. (F3 to Find Next)

For Windows Vista:

1. From Start, then type “regedit“. and enter (agree to UAC prompts)
And then as above in xp

sunnystaines 09:38 31 Aug 2009

as skidzy says above delete sonic with ccleaner

open CC goto - tools - scroll down uninstall list click on sonic - then on left of screen hit run uninstall

i like INCD and use it a lot, clashes with anything linked to roxio and similar products.

Muergo 13:56 31 Aug 2009

I had problems with my new LG burner which were fixed by "FRUIT BAT" see my 19 July entry CD/DVD burner won't work, It's a bit complicated but I followed it to the letter and all was fine.

Stuartli 15:03 31 Aug 2009

Will you actually need to use InCD?

sajeev 02:33 01 Sep 2009

Thanks all.
Skidzy: The CC cleaner uninstall did not improve matters.
The Microsoft guided reg back up keeps getting hung up half way through the download.
Have yet to gather the courage to meddle with the registry.
Muergo: shall check out the Jul 19 post.
Stuarti: I assumed I need InCD because that's what came on the CD with the DVD writer. In fact they ask me to install it before burning any discs.
Will setting a Restore point in Control Panel be enough before trying the registry changes, or is back up mandatory/safer?
Thanks
Sajeev

sajeev 00:45 10 Sep 2009

I removed the Sonic folders and subkeys from the Registry but I still get the message that InCD detects Sonic UDB and therefore disables itself.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Sajeev

KremmenUK 07:22 10 Sep 2009

For most people InCD is not required. All it does is to allow you to drag and drop files from your HDD to a CDRW.

Does anyone do that now memory sticks are so cheap and higher capacity ?

For normal burning activities Nero/Roxio is just fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?