InCD not recognising DVD+RW disk

de_de 17:17 16 May 2007

Hi, I have used InCD for years to back-up my data onto CD-RW Cd's with no problems at all.

I thought I would change to DVD's for extra capacity, but I am having problems. (by the way I am using DVD+RW disks)

When I put a blank disk in, all is well and it lets me format it. I then use 'Syncback' backup program to copy onto the disk. This works OK as well. All the data has been burned OK.

The problem is when I switch the PC off and boot it up again. In 'explorer' the drive comes up as a CD drive and says it's empty. When I eject and reload the disk it sees it as blank as well?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled InCD but still the same.

What can be wrong?

Technotiger 17:22 16 May 2007

Hi, it is possible that your drive just not like that particular medium, it can and does happen! I would suggest that you try with DVDR's rather than DVDRW.

Snec 17:56 16 May 2007

Does InCD work with DVDs?

de_de 18:05 16 May 2007

'Does inCD work with DVDs'

Well it lets me format and write to them, but only the once, as I mentioned next time I want to read them, there is nothing there.

'suggest that you try with DVDR's rather than DVDRW'

I wouldn't be able to re-write though.

Maybe I should start looking at a USB memory stick or external hard drive for my backups.

I would like to resolve this issue as well though.

Technotiger 18:20 16 May 2007

Yes, if it is mostly backups that you are concerned with, an external USB drive is most definitely a better idea - together with Acronis True Image.

Technotiger 18:22 16 May 2007

As I understand it, any RW disc whether CD or DVD are not the most reliable medium.

Totally-braindead 20:03 16 May 2007

I don't use RW disks as I have found the can become corrupt rather quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?