InCD

Mastermind 23:03 08 Feb 2003

I'm trying to share a CD-RW between two computers that are both running InCD 3.5.20.0.

However, I keep having problems. At present, I can read and write to the disc with one computer, but the second computer can only read it and not write to it.

How can I get this to work as I want?

Mastermind 00:55 09 Feb 2003

Both computers are running Windows XP Professional.

Mastermind 11:29 09 Feb 2003

Can anyone help?

-pops- 11:33 09 Feb 2003

Not a straight answer but CDRWs are the cause of unlimited problems and a number of forum members will not use them, including me.

Can I suggest that as CDRs are so cheap that you use them and do a direct burn from Nero rather than InCD (which I feel is integral with the problem, as is ECCD).

Brian

Mastermind 11:51 09 Feb 2003

I agree, and usually I wouldn't use CD-RWs either, but at the moment I'm having to work on something on two different computers and CDRs really wouldn't be a viable solution.

Mastermind 12:27 09 Feb 2003

On the second computer that wouldn't write to the InCD Disc I'm getting the following message when I try and read from it:

You are currently trying to read a disc in the Mt. Rainier format (CD-MRW).
You are seeing this message, instead of the contents of the disc, because
your system currently does not support the CD-MRW format.

I have reinstalled InCD and updated it to the same version.

It's starting to really annoy me. There's no reason that I can think of for it not working!

-pops- 12:41 09 Feb 2003

I won't profess to know anything about CDRWs except that they cause problems but, have you looked up Mt Rainier on Google, you may get some insight there. Have a look click here

Brian

Mastermind 12:55 09 Feb 2003

The CD-RW drive that I'm having trouble with is three years old. Could this be causing the problem?

What is the drag-and-drop capability built into Windows XP like?

-pops- 13:03 09 Feb 2003

Your 3 year old may be the problem!!

The XP CD writer is, well, basic. It works but I still use Nero rather than that one.

Brian

Mastermind 13:14 09 Feb 2003

How can I confirm that my old CD-RW drive is the problem? It's a Philips CDD4201/81. I'm having a look on the Philips site, but I haqven't found anything yet.

-pops- 13:17 09 Feb 2003

The only way I can think of is to swap it for a more modern one and see how that goes. You can get a new Lite-On or LG machine for about £30 so, at that price, you can't really go wrong.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone