InBoxer and PayPal

exdragon 16:37 04 Mar 2004

I've just had the trial of InBoxer & was thinking about paying for it, but it says payment by PenPal is preferred if outside the US. Is this necessary just for something like this, do you think? I can understand it if I'm going to be using eBay. I was looking at the sites for setting up a PP account, but they seem to be full of doom and gloom, although the comments on this site seem positive. Comments would be appreciated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:48 04 Mar 2004

click here You can use Visa/mastercard. Inboxer is excellent.

G

exdragon 16:54 04 Mar 2004

Gandalf - the link came up with a syntax error and then the InBoxer site, but my question was more about the need for the PayPal account. Is it really necessary or can I just use my Visa card? I was a bit bothered when they say PP is preferred outside the US.

GaT7 17:41 04 Mar 2004

I've used PP several times for almost 2 years now with no problems whatsoever. Paid for eBay & non-eBay items, from UK & US-based companies. Even received refunds correctly from PP whenever the need arose. I reckon if you use PP via your credit card (Visa or other) you shouldn't have any problems. Also, no payments/transactions are 100% safe these days - just be careful & be sure to obey all the usual online-buying security measures.

PS - mpdragon, only sharing my opinion/experience - I'm no expert in these matters. Good luck, G

exdragon 19:16 04 Mar 2004

Thanks - done it, got it, using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?