Improve your PC's proformance

Hetti 16:08 27 Jan 2006

I just downloaded a free programme to locate problems on PC also to improve speed. It was supposed to find and repair damaged files also. I ran a scan on the programme (I think it was called Power Max or something like that) it finished the scan then said my PC had 208 problems, but I needed to pay to have them repaired, is this information likely to be correct, if so are their any free software programmes available or do I have to pay to have the faults repaired, or would it be safe to ignore the said problems

Skyver 16:15 27 Jan 2006

No need to pay, lots of free software to do the same job for free; CCleaner click here Tweaknow Registry Cleaner click here
for starters. I'm sure there will be many more links to follow from other forum members...

Chegs ®™ 16:24 27 Jan 2006

Power Max is a complete waste of money,I was looking to replace a missing .dll on my laptop but instead ended up with this crapware on it.It found 1000+ problems with my lappy(98se)and refused to let me uninstall it.I hunted out a cheat from a cracking site,registered the software and then tried its miraculous "healing" properties.It fixed the problems by removing most of the updates/installed apps including MS Office.Having let this crapware do its thing,I then opened MSCONFIG and stopped it from running so I could uninstall it.I suggest you use any other software the PCA members suggest and ASAP delete it off your system.

Hetti 16:25 27 Jan 2006

Skyver
thanks i already have CCleaner and run it regular, but these problems are supposed to be their even after using CCleaner, should I be concerned?

Skyver 16:27 27 Jan 2006

No, just run the `Issues` tool in CC to deal with registry problems - as Chegs ®™ said, Powermax is just trying to get you to part with your cash.

Hetti 16:44 27 Jan 2006

Thanks guys I will do as you say and keep my cash for something else, lol

Taw® 19:42 27 Jan 2006

this may be of some use click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?