Impossible to install Photo Explorer

Channel 19:55 11 Apr 2004

Photo Explorer7.0 SE came bundled with my Konica Digital camera software.But I cannot install it.I have successfully installed other items from the CD.I get the message:The installShield Engine (ikernel.exe) could not be launched.A disc error occurred during a read operation.Ulead won't help as it was bundled.(Say it must be the CD )Konica sent a replacement CD just in case, but the same thing happened.I've just tried to install Photo Ex.6.0 from a mag CD- and got the same message,tho' I installed other software OK.I'll get back to Konica, but as they weren't altogether forthcoming before, I'm hoping someone here can help.I run Windows 98SE.

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 11 Apr 2004

Can you copy the install program from the cd onto the pc hard disk and run from there?

Channel 20:05 11 Apr 2004

I've already done that with the original CD with the same result.Not tried it with the mag disc though.

Diodorus Siculus 20:15 11 Apr 2004

May be a windows problem? Try running the system file checker

start

run

and type

sfc

then click run.

You will need Win98CD.

Channel 20:58 13 Apr 2004

Thanks for your suggestions.I've had the same result copying the mag.CD folder, too.I've tried System file checker, but it came up with nothing amiss.(Just as well, as in common with many others, the Windows CD wasn't supplied with my computer, and I was too much of a novice to realise the significance )Any other ideas ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone