Importing Firefox Bookmarks into IE7 Favourites.

Daibus 14:06 27 Jan 2007

How do I Import my Firefox Bookmarks into IE7 Favourites?

Cheers.

SANTOS7 14:09 27 Jan 2007

click here
This may help..

Daibus 14:23 27 Jan 2007

Many thanks for your reply.

From the link that you gave me do I download the x86 or x64 version and difficult to say, I know, but do you think this type of programme is safe to install?

I have the standard Windows XP Home version.

SANTOS7 14:28 27 Jan 2007

Set a restore point, then download the 32 bit version,
unless you are running the 64bit version of XP.
I cannot vouch for the programme but i cannot see what harm it is going to do...

Daibus 14:34 27 Jan 2007

Yes I would have gone for the 32bit version, but only x64 and x86 are indicated from their Download link.

SANTOS7 16:14 27 Jan 2007

click here

this is the link from the first, (not sure what your looking at but the download is clearly 32bit or 64bit (its where red writing is)

SANTOS7 16:16 27 Jan 2007

AHH!! i have clicked on download link and i can see what you mean but i am sure it will be the right one.

Michael_R 16:30 27 Jan 2007

Sorry if I am misunderstanding this. But I just exported my bookmarks to my desktop from firefox (bookmarks.html), and then just imported them into IE7. File import/export and followed the wizard.
Mike

Daibus 16:42 27 Jan 2007

Thank you both for your replies.

Michael_R - could you spell out the way that you did the export - how do you get the Firefox Bookmarks into an .html file?

Michael_R 17:09 27 Jan 2007

OK in FF got to
Bookmarks/organise bookmarks, brings up bookmarks screen, goto File/export and up pops a window to export to wherever you want.I suggest your desktop, file will be default name "bookmarks.html" click save

Open IE7 goto file/import,export follow the wizard and click import favorites. browse to your file and click it and follw the rest of the wizard.
Mike

Daibus 17:21 27 Jan 2007

Michael_R - Many thanks - I apologise for being so stupid - I kept on trying to Export from the Profile folder and not from Bookmarks.

SANTOS7 - Many thanks again for your help as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?