Importing address book in Thunderbird

Steadfast 18:55 12 Jul 2007

I still have my old computer running Mozilla Thunderbird 2 and have installed the same e-mail on my new laptop which is linked to the old in a network to share files. How do I get the Address Book imported to my laptop. I have the same issue with the Mozilla Firefox browsers' bookmarks.

jack 19:35 12 Jul 2007

Save
the adress book as a file and transfer to the new computer via any normal method
File to Flash drive
E-mail to your self with an attachment
Use the Network.
Then go to Thunderbird address book tools and import directing to where ever the file wound up.

Steadfast 21:22 12 Jul 2007

Thanks Jack, it was not quite the right advice, but I hope you will not be offended if, for the sake of others who have the same problem, I tell you. In Thunderbird Address Book/File, there is no option to "save as" a file, but under Tools, I found "export to". When I clicked on that with the address book open, I was able to choose to export the address book to my shared files folder. Apart from that first stage, I shall follow your advice, gratefully. There is lots of advice in Mozillazine, but it is impossibly technical and complicated for a beginner - it appears to be a 'zine for programmers!

jack 19:58 13 Jul 2007

Gad you got there.
The 'saveas' bit crept in as I was hammering out a response from memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?