imported backup pst but still gets emails

djbenny 19:53 30 May 2010

imported my backup pst as n i have transferred to new computer, but when i click send/recieve it attempts to re-download everything, is there a way to stop this?

awest3 20:04 30 May 2010

You should be able to go to the server upon which the emails are held and delete them there. I do just that on m Sky email acount. Logon through the web that is.!

djbenny 20:52 30 May 2010

i dont want to do that though, i guess i could archive them, but there must be a way todo this

Sea Urchin 21:13 30 May 2010

If you don't delete them off the server the system will eventually grind to a halt.

djbenny 21:18 30 May 2010

what system will grind to a halt?

there should be no reason to delete them though

Sea Urchin 21:46 30 May 2010

There is a limit to the number of emails that can be held on the Sky server - when that limit is exceeded you will no longer be able to access the account.

djbenny 21:48 30 May 2010

im not using sky server, my email i cabn have unlimited emails thats not a problem im talking about outlook!

Sea Urchin 22:10 30 May 2010

You said you have a Sky email account. All emails are loaded on to the Sky server, and then downloaded from there into Outlook. You say "it attempts to re-download everything"

Where do you think those messages are coming from? From the Sky server.

djbenny 22:17 30 May 2010

that was not me that said about the sky server it was awest3, my emails are coming from my private email server.

buit i have a new computer and installed outlook 2007 copied across the pst file so everything had reloaded into outlook but then when i click send a recieve it attempts to get all the emails again

Sea Urchin 22:22 30 May 2010

Same principle applies - you need to make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is NOT checked in Outlook 2007. This shows you how:

click here

djbenny 22:24 30 May 2010

but i want a copy of the emails on the server i like to have this as a backup plus then i can access my emails online anywhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?