Important mail going to Spam

dukeofworth 09:35 15 Mar 2010

If I receive mail from important contact on daily basis, it is going to my Spam folder in Hotmail whereas mails that are in Chinese is coming to my inbox even if I select it as spam. Can someone help?

Sea Urchin 12:15 15 Mar 2010

Set the junk e-mail filtering level
You can use the junk e-mail filter to help decrease the amount of junk e-mail that appears in your Inbox.
Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live ID ( The user name and password that you use to sign in to any Windows Live, MSN, or Office Live sites and services. If you have a Passport Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID. ) .
On the Action bar, click Options, and then click More options.
Under Junk e-mail, click Filters and reporting.
Under Filters and reporting, select the options that you want, and then click Save.
Notes
If you choose Exclusive for your junk e-mail filter, only messages from e-mail addresses on your Contacts or Allowed senders lists appear in your Inbox. Messages from senders not on those lists are automatically sent to the Junk folder.
You should occasionally check your Junk folder to make sure that good messages are not sent to there by mistake. If you notice a message that was inadvertently put in the Junk folder, open the Junk folder, select the message, and then, on the Action bar, click Not junk.
Related topic

Sea Urchin 12:17 15 Mar 2010

Note the last sentence. If you click Not Junk then future messages from that source will not be treated as Junk.

dukeofworth 21:09 21 Mar 2010

Thanks ur reply helped me but even if I place those Chinese mails in as junk, they still come to my inbox with some other ID!!

palinka 18:13 22 Mar 2010

Look for a word or two in the chinese emails that you can flag up as keywords to say "emails containing these words are spam". That's the best way to eliminate them. The addresses from which they are sent is not a good way to do it because, as you've found, the addresses change on a daily basis.
But it depends whether Hotmail provides for this sort of filtering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache