Import problem in Outlook Express

tnelis 15:04 25 Jul 2006

Suddendly my OE won't let me Import/Other Address Book....nothing pops up on the screen....it was ok a week ago.

Any ideas to fix please.

MAJ 15:10 25 Jul 2006

System Restore to a week ago, or try repairing IE? click here

tnelis 15:56 25 Jul 2006

MAJ, the 2 methods don't work for me....sorry for ignorance but how do I System Retore please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 25 Jul 2006

Start - Accessories - System Tools -system resore

tnelis 16:38 25 Jul 2006

My compuetr refuses to be Restored to any backdate.
Any more suggestions please?

rawprawn 17:55 25 Jul 2006

MAJ's second suggestion must work! you must be typing the code wrongly. Go to Start/Run/type sfc /scannow (Watch the space between sfc and /) you will need your XP CD. That should cure your problem, it will also correct any errors you may have with System Restore at the same time.

tnelis 09:19 26 Jul 2006

Rawprawn, I carefully went thru the routine, it took about 15 minutes to scan, but still the same problem, also no System Restore....OE seems to work ok, except fot this Other Address thing.

rawprawn 09:31 26 Jul 2006

Go to system restore and turn it off, then reboot, turn it on again and reboot once more, you will lose all previous restore points. I will have a think about OE import.

tnelis 09:42 26 Jul 2006

but if i lose all restore points how can i restore to a backdate?

rawprawn 10:40 26 Jul 2006

Well you won't be able to restore, but you will be no worse off will you. Have you no independant backup? if not I suggest you invest in a profram such as Acronis True Image.
click here

tnelis 08:52 28 Jul 2006

Guys, I'm still unsolved....How about if I reinstall WindowsXP ? Bad idea? Difficult?

Thanks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?