"Import Pictures and Videos" Window Not Appearing

NETCHRIS 13:13 08 Jul 2008

Hello, I seem to have a problem in Vista on my Dell Dimension E520 machine, basically every time I insert a memory card from my camera's into the 13 in 1 memory card reader, usually the Windows Vista "Import Pictures and Videos" window pops up automatically and says "Would you like to import?", when I insert any form of flash memory (including USBs) it did this. Recently however, when I insert a memory card, I can see the green light flashing on my built-in memory card reader, but the window does not pop up, instead I have to manually go into Windows Photo Gallery and prompt the import window myself. I've tried everything from AutoPlay to options within Windows Gallery and nothing seems to work, maybe I missed something.

So, anyway I can return to my days of automatic popping up of the import window when I insert flash memory?

(Strangely, when I insert a USB stick the Windows Media Player Device Sync window comes up, and I can't make it not appear when I insert a USB)

Thanks!

NETCHRIS 13:31 08 Jul 2008

Just before I read you post I checked the Autoplay options again and realized that my pictures and video had been set-up as "Take No Action" instead of "Import using Windows".

Thanks for the help anyway. :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie