Import my music to itunes

Dalglish2 22:20 23 Feb 2010

Hi
I have succumbed and bought an iPhone and am quite impressed. However I am struggling to import my 40 albums which I bought on my windows xp pc into iTunes. Is it possible to do this or is there a catch?!!
Thanks

powerless 22:59 23 Feb 2010

Where did you get those 40 albums from as they maybe DRM'd (non Apple) and you'll get nowhere very fast if that is the case.

Also what is the file extension of the files .mp3, .wma etc?

Dalglish2 07:31 24 Feb 2010

I ripped them from my cd collection for my own personal use.
They are in mp3 format. I do have small number of drm protected tracks what to do? Thanks

john bunyan 09:01 24 Feb 2010

I assume you have installed iTunes on your PC!!
If so in iTunes with iPhone connected and showing on left side, Simply click File, addfile to library, highlight in w explorer the filrd to add and press enter then shnch the i phone. I personally set my iPods not to auto synch. (Edit, preferences,devices,check box "do not auto synch") as I have several lobraries and different iPod users. For drm, burn a CD then re -import in iTunes.

john bunyan 09:01 24 Feb 2010

burn in audio format.

john bunyan 09:50 24 Feb 2010

If the tunes are grouped into album folders, then opt for "add folder to the library" in "file" option.Then find them in Windows explorer.Using the default, you will end up with a copt in iTunes/itunes music. Up to you if you delete original, but please, please, have a back up of whole of iTunes on an external HD - so many folk lose everything if hard drive fails.

john bunyan 09:50 24 Feb 2010

copt = copy!!

Dalglish2 21:07 27 Feb 2010

Great thanks all. Now sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017