import mail etc

aboutit 18:59 31 Jul 2009

I have just got a netbook and i want to import my emails into my mail box. i use windows live mail and i`ve set this up ok.When i click on my account it says needs to download folders please click download I`ve done that but nothing happens i`ve tried at least a dozen times can anyone help

Pineman100 19:14 31 Jul 2009

Judging by the lack of responses, I suspect that others are having as much difficulty understanding your problem as I am.

Are you trying to import your emails into Windows Live Mail from your previous email client software? If so, what was the previous software, and have you exported your emails from there yet?

aboutit 19:21 31 Jul 2009

sorry. I use windows live mail for all my email accounts. I have now got a new netbook and have set up my email accounts on it. When i connect, the mail downloads but when i click on my account name to read the mail there is nothing there and i get the message windows live mail needs to download folders to enable reading and receiving emails to this account ,click download.I click download but nothing happens

Sea Urchin 19:59 31 Jul 2009

You cannot re-download your mail from your ISP - it is already sitting in your other WLM accounts. You need to export that mail into appropriate folders - write them to external storage - then import from there into your WLM account on your new netbook.

tullie 20:05 31 Jul 2009

Surely if he is using the same email address then he wont need to do anythingOr have i miss read it? as WLM will open as if on original computer,as its web based?

lotvic 20:09 31 Jul 2009

Is this what you are trying to do? click here scroll to bottom of page.

Sea Urchin 20:12 31 Jul 2009

No tullie - Windows Live Mail is NOT web based - you're thinking of Windows Live Hotmail - a different program

aboutit 10:51 01 Aug 2009

thankyou looked at the tutorial all fixed

Pineman100 19:09 01 Aug 2009

You're using Hotmail! You'd have got your answer much more quickly if you'd said that in the first place! ;o)

Well divined, Lotvic!

lotvic 19:18 01 Aug 2009

Thank you, 'twas a wild guess... :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?