Imperial or metric in Excel

Mike D 11:40 02 Apr 2004

This is probably a no-brainer, but it's got me going.

We have Office 2000 installed on a network. We also have ECDL training software installed, this uses the Office installation in its exercises. Office was installed using metric units of measurement, but the ECDL software is exclusively imperial (American in origin). When completing an exercise, we may be asked to set margins in inches and, even if we use a conversion table, the answer will be marked incorrect because it is not entered in inches. Try as I might, I cannot find how to change the units of measurement without repairing/re-installing Office. Word allows the changes to take place in Tools/Options, but not Excel.

Please help before I lose what little hair I have.

MIke

Mike I have just installed a copy of Excel 2000 Pro on a spare partition and nowhere is there the option to use inches over metric.

Like you I have also done a few searches and could not come up with an answer other than - It does not exist in Excel!

Mike D 13:35 02 Apr 2004

Thanks Whisperer, I fear you are correct but, ever the optimist, I will leave the thread open for a little longer.

Mike

Chris the Ancient 13:46 02 Apr 2004

You need to go to Control Panel and Regional Settings. Even though you probably have English UK, customize button allows you to change measurement units from metric to US.

Then back to Excel and it's in inches.

On mine, that is!

Chris

GroupFC 13:56 02 Apr 2004

I'm impressed!

Chris the Ancient 14:02 02 Apr 2004

So am I ;o)

Mike D 14:41 02 Apr 2004

Chris the Ancient

Impressed? I'm banjaxxed!

Thanks very much.

I suppose one day these forums will disappoint me, but I think it will be a lkong, long time coming.

Mike

the brain most certainly is not.

Well done Chris, it works with XP Pro and Excel 2000 and 2002

Best wishes

Gordon

Chris the Ancient 14:55 02 Apr 2004

You're welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?