IMAPI ;mails cannot send from within oe?

p;3 10:30 27 Mar 2007

click here see this original of mine; is there a reason why I cannot send mails from within my OE account using the IMAPI address facility; I have just tried with the server even open but I still have a mail stuck in my OE out box with cannot send

what might be the reason? or does this IMAPI spstem not support the OE sending mails but will allow me to receive them?

p;3 20:34 27 Mar 2007

anyone out there any idea?

Woolwell 23:00 27 Mar 2007

What smtp setting do you have?
You need to use the smtp for your ISP not the account where the IMAP is held. For example I have a 1&1 IMAP but the incoming server is IMAP 1&1 but the outgoing smtp is SMTP my ISP. I have a different ISP at home and at work and I have a different smtp for each location.

Hope that this works.

p;3 23:08 27 Mar 2007

I have it set up as per their destruction;

outgoing is SMPT as per NHS

should it be as per my btinternet?

(scratches head vigorously....again)
I can receive from the web server...at present

Woolwell 23:15 27 Mar 2007

At home try per your btinternet for smtp.
At work smtp as per NHS.

woodchip 23:24 27 Mar 2007

This is my guess, Go into Windows Explorer and look for IMAPI different programs change it in Win98se. You need to look for the one that runs it. It will most likely be still there but the extension will have been changed to bak or old etc.You have to rename it back.You may have made a Mistake with IMAPI, look for MAPI. In the Windows\System folder. As MAPI is the E-Mail Client

woodchip 23:26 27 Mar 2007

Also check MAPI32.dll for changes

Woolwell 23:30 27 Mar 2007

p;3 can you confirm that you can still send with you normal pop accounts and that it is just the IMAP account that is giving you problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?