images not showing on my website

sajeev 17:28 19 Jul 2008

I am a beginner. Designed a website in DW Mx and it ran well for 4 months. Then redesigned it in DW 8 and added some Flash 8 features. Uploaded it using DW. Now the pages, text and flash features are working okay but none of the images are showing up. The remote view shows the images folder with all the images inside. The website address is kidsdocbb.com. The home page is index.html and has been uploaded to the public_html folder. Have spent days trying to fix the problem. The path to the site on my computer is C:Documents and Settings/Sajeev/My documents/local sites 2.Strangely everythng (pages, images, links) works fine when tested on Preview! Am stumped --please help
Sajeev

sajeev 00:59 20 Jul 2008

Thank you for your suggestion.
However, the image "Kidsbtn.gif" and similarly named buttons are loading okay and functioning okay both on preview and on the site. It is images like "images/mchomepage2.png" and "images/eyehomepage2.png" etc (as shown in the source code of the index.html page)that are not loading.
When you refer to spaces in file names, what exactly do you mean? Is it the space for example in between "Fireworks" and "content" in "Fireworks content/Kidsbtn.gif"?
"Fireworks content" is a folder where I have put the images I have made in Fireworks.
Please advise.
Thanks
Sajeev

sajeev 14:27 20 Jul 2008

Thanks for your message.
I did not mess with the code as I know little about it.
I did the following:
Most of the images are already in the "images" folder. I copied and pasted all the images in the "Fireworks content" folder into the "images" folder and uploaded. No change.
I put all the images in the "images" folder in the "Fireworks content" folder, and uploaded.
No change.
What am I doing wrong?
Other interesting thing is: When i click on the empty square on the homepage "index.html", I am taken correctly to the linked page "kidsinfo.html". When I click on one of the empty squares on the "general.html" page, I get a "Forbidden" message. Does this give some clue to the problem?
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Do stick with it, please.

sajeev 14:48 20 Jul 2008

Sorry forgot to add: everything works perfectly in preview. Doesnt this suggest that the site is structurally sound and something is going wrong at upload or on the server structure?
Sajeev

sajeev 15:24 20 Jul 2008

Thanks.
How can i remove the whole site from the server safely?
I am under the impression that the server provides some files (public html/private html/cgi/.htacess etc-- which i know nothing about--which if I remove, I will not be able to upload my site. Is this true?
If it is true, how can I be sure that i am not removing vital, irreplaceable files?

sajeev 17:18 20 Jul 2008

I decided to take the risk and delete all the files that I had uploaded (or thought I had uploaded!) and reloaded the site using DW.
And it worked.
Everything is okay so it is a great relief.
Thank you for your very valuable help
Sajeev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?