Images

Boy Zone 22:25 09 Feb 2008

I have constructed a very simple web site with a mixture of text and photos, mainly for family members.
Ive created an images folder for each individual web page and linked each image to its own folder.
Problem now is, I'm trying to created a new page with just images on.
I've a new image folder called photos and web page called photos, and linked the images on the web site to the images within the photo folder.
The pages display ok when I test the pages, but when I upload the web photo page and photo image folder the photos don't display.
I use Dreamweaver.
Can I have just one image folder, or do I need to have separate folders?
I new to web design.

Kemistri 22:42 09 Feb 2008

"Can I have just one image folder?"

Of course. Most people do it that way for convenience unless they have a need to upload assets on a per-folder basis for different sections of a website -- which can be handy for asset management.

Kemistri 22:43 09 Feb 2008

That kind of asset management may also come into play with large quantities of files, of course.

Forum Editor 09:15 10 Feb 2008

you can manage large numbers of image files by creating sub-folders within a main images folder. If (as you should) you regularly make changes to the content of your site you'll find it helpful to organise your images carefully; otherwise you might end up with a confusing mess of image files, half of which are no longer in use.

If you create a folder for redundant images - you could call it images_old - and move files into it as you remove them from the pages, you'll always know where you are. Later on you might decide to rotate some of the files back into use, and you'll know exactly where to look for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?