image-shack problems; very slow ----- am I alone?

p;3 01:23 16 Aug 2005

this is the url to imageshack
click here opening and/or using imageshack has, in my recent experience, become horrendously slow and difficult, despite my being on a faster BB connection now;I seem to be seeing ?a lot more ads on it than ever before; the page seems almost impossible to open, then takes an age to Host the link, let alone host it on any site that I post it on;

has the program slowed up or is it just me?

dagwoood 02:13 16 Aug 2005

Good morning p;3 :)

I have found that ImageShack was running really slow, both late Monday night and at the moment.

I was trying to host an image a few hours ago but just gave up in the end. I tried again about quarter of an hour later and I didn't have a problem.

I've just clicked on a thumbnail(the image was on ImageShack)on another forum and the picture wouldn't load at all.

HTH, dagwoood.

p;3 02:20 16 Aug 2005

"morning to thee; way past me bed time:))

however, trying to complete a task, one of the horrid links on my desktop refuses to open; have they increased the ads or is it me?
|I have never know it to struggle so:((

dagwoood 02:37 16 Aug 2005

p;3, I can't say I've noticed any more ads. I can click on your above link and, at the moment, it opens quickly.

The problem may just be with the site itself; i.e.there are a lot of people trying to access the site at the moment or they may have server problems.

dagwoood.

ade.h 13:56 16 Aug 2005

It wouldn't open at all when I tried it just now. Hopefully a short-term glitch.

p;3 14:08 16 Aug 2005

I wonder if it depends on where the gremlins are are taking their snack ?it has just openeed like grease lightening for me, just when I was expecting to "sit and make me cup of tea" while it decided to think about it:)

however, must not speak too soon:)

last nite it even gave me "cant find server":((

CurlyWhirly 23:42 16 Aug 2005

I too have found Imageshack slow recently but it seems to be back to normal now.

dagwoood 16:58 18 Aug 2005

At the moment I can't connect to the site at all, I'm getting time out errors :(

VoG II 18:25 18 Aug 2005

Opens straight away here.

p;3 21:45 19 Aug 2005

is anyone now getting ads IN the pictures etc they open via imgageshack ; just been presented with a virtually full page one while opening a JPG link elsewhere;

dan11 22:14 19 Aug 2005

Opened quickly and hosted quickly, just as usual.

Yes there was a new image there. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?