Image Mastering API

thamesside 09:30 28 Nov 2007

I keep getting the message "Image Mastering API has encountered problems and needs to close"
This comes up when I first boot up and whenever I go near my dvd drive. A window invites me to send details to Microsoft bu this doed not produce any answers. I have looked around the Microsoft technical help without success. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Doug

Technotiger 09:38 28 Nov 2007

Can't help you myself, but have a look through these ...

click here

thamesside 12:04 28 Nov 2007

Thanks technotiger. I have dug around there for quite a while but couldn't find the answer.

thamesside 14:07 28 Nov 2007

Thanks Marg7
That seems to tell me what it does. It doesn't seem to say what to do if it hits a problem. I have tried downloading a fresh copy but that didn't help. As it hits the problem at start up I suppose it is either a hardware problem or it is conflicting with one of the programs that loads at startup. Doesn't sound as though anyone else has had this problem.

drsusans 19:56 18 May 2008

I am having this same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drive and no luck. Did you ever solve your issue? If so, I would love to know how you did it.

thamesside 20:59 18 May 2008

drusans
Oh dear. I haven't got the problem now but I am not sure what I did. I think I decided that I didn't need the program anyway so I just deleted it.

drsusans 22:30 18 May 2008

The computer does say that the IMAPI imaging service is necessary to burn CD/DVDs. I found it in misconfig and it was "stopped" so I enabled it, but still no luck writing to my CD. I've been searching the internet by googling the error message, but I am just about at my wit's end.

What do you mean when you say you deleted the program? And now you can write to your CD/DVD with no problem?

Thanks for answering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?