image hard drive

jamesd1981 22:30 26 Apr 2009

im tired of having to reload all my software everytime i reinstall vista or format drive i have set my drive up exactly as i want it with all my programs could anyone tell ,e how i can make a loadable image of the drive so i can just load the whole thing back in instead of sitting for hours installing programs.

MAJ 22:43 26 Apr 2009

Buy a copy of Acronis True Image, use it to create an image of your C: Drive, and you're good to go.

jamesd1981 22:54 26 Apr 2009

maj do you know if paragon one click backup is any good i know sumdy with that program said they would lend it to me.

MAJ 23:06 26 Apr 2009

I've never used it personally, jamesd1981, so I'm not sure how good it is or which options it offers.

jamesd1981 23:12 26 Apr 2009

ok thanks maj acronis seems to be the top rated software but might try paragon first before i go buying acronis.

DieSse 23:51 26 Apr 2009

If you have a Seagate drive in the system, you can use their free Disk Wizard.

Disk Wizard is actually a version of Acronis True Image - it's restricted in that it can only make full images (and clones), and not updates.

This will do exactly what you want to do - though a full version of Acronis is clearly better in the long run. I've been using version7 for some years now, and it's excellent.

jamesd1981 08:47 27 Apr 2009

thanks diesse but my drive is a western digital might have to pay out for acronis. thanks

jamesd1981 22:46 28 Apr 2009

just to let everyone know the best tool i found to image my c drive was a freebie called macrium reflect it worked perfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?